Secrets of Affiliate Marketing
If you want to get started quickly and easily in internet marketing, then affiliate marketing is for you. Affiliate marketing means that all you do is sendhits to someone else’s website, they make the sale and deliver the product, and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission (usually 50% or more for digital products).
These are a some of the benefits
- You’re able to start right now without having to create a product, set up a website and sales page, develop the website, create marketing materials, or set up the ordering, billing & delivery system.
- It’s completely hands-freefor you because they handle the billing, support, maintenance, etc.
- You have nearly zero risk because you already know the product sells, because the product owner has already made sure the product sells. So if you send visitors you will get paid.
Looking at these benefits, it’s clear that affiliate marketing is the way to go!
OK, but it’s not all rosy…
Once you send your visitors to the product sales page, they are gone forever. Unfortunately, the majority of those visitors (at least 90%) will not buy on their first visit. And of the 10% or less that do buy, the product owner will be able to sell to them again, but you will not.
How can you avoid this pitfall?
It’s simple: You must get your visitors’ email addresses before you send them to the product owner’s website. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you want to do it like a pro, you’ll give them some great content before sending them to the sales page.
Here’s why you want to implement these affiliate marketing strategies:
- You’ll be building your own list of potential customers that you can market to again and again.
- By providing great content without a sales pitch, you put them in a buying mood. So when you do send them to the product website, they’re much more likely to buy.
Here’s what you’ll need to create affiliate tools like this:
- A squeeze page, and even better a Video squeeze page.
- Several high-quality content pages
- An email series with at least 5 high-quality content emails
You’ll use the squeeze page as the place to send your visitors instead of using the product website. Your squeeze page adds your visitors to you autoresponder. This is how you start building your list, and at the same time begin sending them useful information. Then it redirects them to your content pages after they subscribe to your email series.
These high-quality content pages provide value and build good will. This way your visitor is more likely to buy when they get to the product owner’s website. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your email system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
There’s no doubt that it’s worth the effort to put a system like this in place, because doing so will increase your profits by 500% or more. After setting it up, you simply send visitors to your squeeze page instead of the sales page. And the rest runs on auto-pilot.
If you don’t have the time or expertise to set it all up yourself, you can use something like Affiliate Silver Bullet. These kinds of services will build the whole system for you and then just give you a video squeeze page (with video), pre-written emails, content pages, etc. The major benefit of using a service like this is that you can get started right away, and for a whole lot less than it would cost to do it all yourself. One negative is that there will be other people using this same affiliate marketing system. However, the odds of you and them both finding the same visitor are so small, that it doesn’t really matter.
Another way to accomplish this is to hire “outsourcers” through a website like Elance to build and put your system together for you. The important thing is that you start using affiliate tools like the ones described here right now! Otherwise, you’re wasting your time and money.